Wednesday 8 August 2012

A WEEK IN NAGALAND


 (A travel log written by Alimeren)



                  “The world is a book and those who do not travel, read only one page.” 

                                                                                                                        -St. Augustine



                                                                                                                                               

My journey to Nagaland started from Chennai, and the only reason I joined my parents was that we were visiting Kohima (Capital).This may be funny from my side because this was the first time I was visiting the capital of my home town. Obviously I was excited, I knew the place was beautiful, and my mom kept talking about it non-stop which made me more excited. My evil intention of checking out beautiful girls there was my top priority obviously(:P)(I was desperate on checking out my own people/race since I was brought up in Tamil Nadu).Now, let me start sharing my story.

I was really relieved when I reached Dimapur airport because the flight was so bumpy I felt sick and my brother kept refusing to give the mp3 player.My cousins picked us up and as usual the army was on patrol in every nook and corner of the city. I was so disappointed on seeing the city because it was the same old Dimapur as it was six years back. As usual we had lot of relatives visiting us in which most of them I never knew, I and my brother kept talking at least with the people we knew. We had no intention of not talking with others but I and my brother were very poor with our regional language.

Next day we started our journey to Kohima in a maruti 800(:P) and the starting part of the journey was not good for me because my dad kept talking about his life in Kohima (my dad was also excited because he was visiting after ten years) and the car was so small that I couldn’t sit properly, the only thing that nullified my displeasure was the air and the beauty that was enveloping us. My dad stopped at places which amazed him on the way and there was this place which striked me ,it was a tent which was made of bamboo(artistic) .

 Finally we reached Kohima, a journey which lasted for two hours and the climate there was awesome. The town was buzzing with activities and the most shocking part of the place was that the people were wearing smaller dresses than Chennai (39*degree vs. 18* degree (: O)), in my case I was wearing three shirts(O_O). The town welcomed us with a huge traffic, anyone could see that the traffic system there was not very versatile but the climate kept my head cool (at least it was not like Chennai :P).  We were picked by our cousins (my god I didn’t know them also L) and they guided us to the guest house (circuit house) which had a traditional look.





Immediately after we got our rooms we obviously had to visit our relatives (top priority), I was atleast happy on one side that I get see my relatives. Then there was this point where my brother disappears for writing his jee examination for days from which my parents took me all around the Capital Kohima. My favourite spot was this place where a second world war tank was parked(:O).I don’t know why but I felt happy because the fence around the tank was broken in which case I had the chance to take snap shots in it.





Then we went to the kohima museum where the cultures of various tribes of Nagaland were exhibited (aprox 16 official tribe) and the works of various arts which originated from Nagaland was also present. We were not allowed to take photos but I took one snap anyway :P.


The next day i was brutally attacked by headaches and my body temperature erupted :(. I went along with my parents to drop my brother to the exam hall for jee. I slept at my aunt's house and the time i opened my eyes, everything was over :(, i was back in Dimapur with my cousins. 















                     

1 comment:

  1. cool piece of writing bro,



    p.s :pls finish it

    ReplyDelete